Monday, November 25, 2013

Nov. 25, 2013



Momma y Famileee:

Yo, so it's been another sweet week! I can't even tell you how blessed I feel to be serving here in Huejutla at this time! Things are going so well! Sounds like everything is going well at home as well. Our week was bomb, one of the best ones so far: Baptism, tons of help from active members, new people to teach, people progressing, and just being so happy to be serving here with mi amigo Elder Dominguez. I can't even start to explain how bomb things are down here.

When I first got here to Huejutla, I liked it, it was gorgeous; but it took some getting used to, working in a branch, in a tiny little town with occasional running water and just everything was so different. Now though, I can't believe how in love I am with this place. I have seen so much progress (more than anything personal) in my time here. Attitude determines altitude completely.

This week we set 4 new baptismal dates and Carlos was baptized. David was in church and is now in Alma in the BofM. The active members of this branch are really supporting us as well, we had 12 lessons with a member present this week which is a pretty high number for us working here in a branch with 6 missionaries in it. The baptism of Carlos was really nice, he's 10 years old mom, but yeah, his fam has gotten active, they've gone every week since September, so they're there to support him. I was really happy for them, the branch really did a nice job with the baptism as well.

In October I set the goal to finish the Book of Mormon one more time. I'm highlighting all the verses that teach on prayer and it's been such a powerful experience to be able to do so. Today I was reading in 3 Nephi 18 where the Savior teaches on the Sacrament and later on prayer and I am just blown away by the wisdom and the power of the teachings of Jesus Christ. I'm on track to meet the goal which will complete one of my New Year's resolutions. I love the scriptures, I've come to love the Bible much more as well in these last few months.

This week is gonna be busy, we've got the Zone Leaders counsel in Tampico, those are always bomb, plus David's baptismal interview. It's such an exciting time to be a missionary. I hope that all is well and I trust that it is. I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for the way you have prepared me to be a missionary. Thank you all so much for that.

Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment