Monday, May 28, 2012

May 27, 2012

Fammmmmmilllly:
What's crackin this week in the USA? Haha, I hope all is well, it sure sounds like it is. Man, every Monday when I come and sit down in this little cyberg in downtown Madero, Mexico I just can't believe that another week has flown by and I'm here again. Also, every week at this time I am also reminded of how much I truly love each and every one of you. But before I get into how this week went, I wanna tell y'all (yeah I still got some Tennesse in me, lolzz) a little something about my best friend Miles Adams. I don't know if he will read this or not but I've been thinking about him a tonnnn in the last few days as he gets ready to hit the MTC. I can't believe it's been so long since me and that dude were kicking it in our 3rd grade Northside classroom. I am so so proud and blessed to have a friend like him. He is going to be an incredible missionary, and a true servant of the Lord. I have always admired the way the he has always stood for and done what is right. He has a way of doing so that is not boastful and he is a true leader. He is going to do incredible things for the people of Paris, France. Miles, best of luck brother #143.
I love reading your letters every single week and hearing how well everyone is doing back in Fallon. It's such a blessing to know that all is well back at home and to hear about how awesome everyone is doing; all learning, growing and progressing. haha, Hearing the wasabi story is hilarious about Ryan, Hadley and Stu. It reminds me so much of some of our classic trips to the Wok with all my Boyz. Speaking of which, I hope Elder Special K is doing well. I sent him a letter right before I left TN and haven't heard from him since. Someone should (through Shelly) give him my address here.
So a little health update on me that I forgot from last week. Elder Rindy and I went to the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor last week because I was having problems hearing. Turns out I had a ton of ear wax up against my ear drum that we were able to see on a TV screen (so dope, I know) all from using Q-tips to try and clean my ears. Apparently that is really bad, haha. But he cleaned them out really well and it was dope to watch on the TV. Maybe more interesting (and a lot less gross) than that is that I am now weighing in at a whooping 167 lbs.... If I remember correctly the last time I weighed this much I was a freshman in high school. Hahaha. I have dropped a ton of weight. I also have some ridiculous tan lines at my neck and my forearms. The heat is super heavy but it's a ton of fun haha.
So Elder Castro and I have had a straight sick week! We have truly seen miracles. He doesn't have much experience in the mission and neither do I, but I am so blessed because he is such a good missionary and we are working crazy hard! Elder Rindlisbacher and I were able to really lay a good foundation for this transfer here in Francia the past six weeks because of the reactivation efforts and now Elder Castro and I are working to really expand our pool of investigators. The best way to do so is through the members and we have some really awesome ones, but most of our time has been spent contacting trying to find people. Last Wednesday, Elder Castro and I were planning and we prayed to know where to go and who to contact. We both felt good about the same area and prayed again to be able to find two people ready to hear and accept the gospel. Well, the next day we went up to the area and started contacting. After we knocked the first door of that street, we heard someone calling to us. Two men were standing out in front of a house calling to us. They wanted to know who we were and what church we represented. They wanted to talk to us about our beliefs and so they invited us in. It was a man and his son, both named Roberto and the father's wife Irma. We couldn't believe it! Within 3 minutes of tracting, two people had invited us in. It turns out that all of their family has quite a bit of interest. We taught him the Restoration and invited him to an activity we were in charge of for our ward this last Saturday. This led to another miracle when they all gladly accepted and said they would also bring other friends. Well, Saturday night came... and we ended up with 50 or 60 people at our activity at the Church, 13 of which were non-member investigators, and another 7 were less actives! Elder Castro and I were able to give a tour of our Church building and teach an awesome lesson on Lehi's Tree of Life Vision and ways that we can all hold to the rod! It was such a blessing.
As for Merced and Yedid, they were not at church and we are going to move their baptism back probably a week so that they can really be prepared, but they are still on the right track. It was a really awesome week here in Madero. As to answer Shelly's question, we only cover Barrio Francia, but I would love to know what ward Hub's comp is from. There are two stakes in Madero but I would love to know. It was an awesome week and I love you all so much. I hope that all is well back at home. I love each letter I receive. I feel bad because I haven't written responses very regularly, but I love you all so much. Have a great week and in all things give thanks. #143 #JakeHeaps
Love,
Elder Stockard

1 comment: