Monday, November 18, 2013

Nov. 18, 2013

Familee:


Hey y'all. Wow, so Lauren isn't going home for Thanksgiving? That'll be a lot quieter party than in years past with only 2 kids in the house I bet! You're getting old Parents, haha. Jk, not that old. How weird will it be for you guys though when Ryan leaves next year and there are only 3 Stockards at home in Fallon? That'll be a change. Time just keeps flying right? My week was bomb. Sounds like yours was as well.

Our investigator pool is getting bigger and bigger every week. I feel like at this point in time Elder Dominguez and I are really putting everything together pretty well. For me especially, I feel like a lot of hard work and diligence is really paying dividends for me at this time. I've been reading back in some of my journals and reflecting in these last weeks and my mission can be divided in like 2 parts: 1.) MTC up to Mainero, where I learned 3 huge lessons: Obedience, Diligence, and Grace. In those first 10 months I really set some good habits, those months were the foundation of my mission house, because if I had never learned those things, I wouldn't have had the opportunities and experiences that I've had in this 2nd year of my mish. and 2.) Central up to right now in Huejutla where little by little I have learned sooooooo many different lessons. This second year is where I felt like I've learned a lot about leadership, love, humility and pride, the gospel and about people in general. All in all, I can't think and reflect on my mission for very much time without feeling just so grateful to my Heavenly Father for this time that I have to serve him full time. What an opportunity! I just love the mission. I have met so many people that have changed my life. This week, Carlos, the son of la Familia that we have reactivated, passed his baptismal interview and will be baptized on Friday. David continues progressing like a baller, he read about fasting in the gospel principles book on Saturday and on his own decided to fast. The man is a stud. He is progressing as well as a ton of other investigators that we have. These people here in Huejutla are incredible. I love 'em, I have learned so much from them.

I hope we can all have a great week and that where ever we are this week, I hope we can give thanks to our Eternal Father and Supreme Creator who has given us all so much. He has given me so so so much, starting with all of you. I still remember when I came home from college last year at Thanksgiving, Brother Yates gave a talk on gratitude that has really stuck with me. I love this time of year even though it's not celebrated the same down here, because it calls us all to remember and give thanks. I hope y'all have a great week and that you know how grateful I am for each one of you.
#143 I'm also grateful for #JakeHeaps.
Hahahaha

Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment