Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013

What's happenin' peeps? Everything continues to be great back at home it sounds like. Everything is straight homeless down here as well. To answer your question, Momma, Chairel is one of the 5 stakes and zones here in the Tampico/Madero area. So we are like all of west Tampico which has a bunch of sweet lagunas which are really green and pretty. Chairel is probably consistently the richest part of Tampico as well. I really like it, Elder Rindlisbacher served here and we are working with a few of the people who he taught. I have now visited in divisions or served in almost all of Rindy's areas. The man was a boss. Do you know if he's hitched yet?
 
It was a good week. Monday and Tuesday we didn't have a ton of success which was realllllllly hard cuz it was realllllly hot and we were walking around reallllllly lost, but that turned out to be like the biggest blessing I could have had. It's so crazy the way the Lord works, but with not having like any success in those first two days meant that we walked through like almost all of our area in those two days... Usually it takes like a week or two to really get an area down, but with those first 2 days, I basically already have my area down. That was really crucial because Elder Quinones is really new still and making the decisions is still hard for him but I obviously couldn't have made the decisions of where we were going to go or who we were going to teach without knowing who they were or where they lived. So yeah, lesson is, the Lord's ways are not our ways.
 
I'm really enjoying working as a Zone Leader as well. It's a much more personal relationship with the Elders and with the Stake Leaders. The Stake Pres of Estaca Chairel is in our ward and lives in our area of the ward (we have two sets of missionaries in Barrio Tancol). He is super sweet though, his name is President Flores and I'm working a ton with him with coordinating all this reactivation work that the missionaries are doing. He and his family are seriously super sick. They have 2 kids studying at BYU and a 17 year old son who will be going to BYU for a semester and then on the mish. But yeah, President Jordan and I have had coordination meetings with him and we have a good plan going forward for how we are going to retain all of these less actives that are coming back to church.
As far as my own area, we had some way good success from Wednesday to Sunday so all was well. We've got some awesome members who are ready and willing to help us. We are reactivating a family whose children aren't members. The Mom is a member named Lucero and her kids are Omar (14) and Grecia (8). Omar has a baptismal date for the 30th of March and is progressing well. We also had 10 less actives in church yesterday. The problem that I've seen is that there are very few active men in the ward. It's a ward full of relief society. So we've put together a plan to find, teach, baptize, and reactivate men which is something that we are working on more and more this week.
Elder QuiƱones is a really good guy and we are really enjoying working together. I really enjoy training, even though I'm his third trainer he is really learning well still. It is different going from having a comp who has a lot of time already under his belt in the mish to having a pretty much brand new comp, but I think it's fun to have a newer comp because they aren't so set in their ways.
But yeah that's pretty much it from my neck of the woods. Zion prospers. haha jk. I'm doing great, I'm still going strong with my goals that I set at the beginning of the year. I'm almost through Jacob in the BofM and should finish the BofM again on the 15 of May along with all the mission. I'm sooooooooo excited for General Conference, I've only got like 5 conference talks left to read from the October conference and I'm ready for another spiritual feast, haha. But yeah that's bout it for me. I love you all so so much. I learn from all of your examples. #143 #GMC$ #JakeHeaps
Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment