Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013

Yo Fammmilllly,

So this week has been NUTS for y'all as well as for me. Needless to say there was nothing better than seeing the Great One posted up with big Hubbs doin their thang again. I love those two SO SO SO much. And then you put that on top of a meeting with my brother Elder Parry and needless to say, I was pleased to hear that your week was awesome. Mine was too.
 
Ok yeah Momma, I saw the Obra de Salvacion training live and it was dopeeee! That is exactly what we've been trying to do down here in Tampico so it was cool to see it at a worldwide level. There is something very comforting about listening to the Apostles talk. I love it. The best part about being a member of the only true and living church on the face of the earth is that the church adapts to the times and seasons SO well, according to the revelation received by our leaders. For example, did you notice that in the last General Conference and yesterday that SOOO much of what they spoke on and did in the conference took advantage of the wonderful technology that is available to all of us in this day and age? That really stood out to me and just goes to show that we belong to a living church and that we believe in revelation. But yeah, that was so good.
 
So today is transfer day. First, let me start by explaining a little about the setup of our mission. La Mision Mexico Tampico is made up of 8 stakes (5 in Tampico, 1 in Victoria, 1 in Ciudad Mante, and one in Ciudad Valles) and 3 Districts. The Districts are areas that don't have sufficient real growth or membership to be a stake and the Mission President basically acts as the stake pres in those areas. The biggest District in our mission is called the Huasteca District. This district is getting REALLY close to becoming a stake. It's made up of a bunch of little tiny towns as well as a few Fallon-sized towns. The Huasteca is famous for its beauty (it looks like stepping into Zarahemla), its food, and the people (a lot of them speak a native language called Anahuac). The only thing the Huasteca lacks to become a stake is, yep, you guessed it, Priesthood and tithing payers. So Thursday, Pres called me and told me that today I'm heading down to the Huasteca, to the flagship city of the district, a town called Huejutla (whe-hut-la). It's the farthest south that the mission goes. I will be the Zone Leader down there and we are going to have a Priesthood project going on down there from what Pres was telling me. I think it will be my last area. How crazy is that? So yeah, the goal is to get that district turned into a stake so that they can govern themselves. Needless to say, I am really excited!
I have never worked in a pueblo in my whole mission. All my areas have actually been like right down town. I am sooo excited to get out there. My companion will be Elder Gonzalez. He will be the other Zone leader.
 
The Huasteca is really unique here in the mission. Our mission is cool because it has 3 different cultures. Victoria has northern Mexico Culture, Tampico has its own, and the Huasteca has its own as well. All the food, people, everything changes with the regions.  It's really cool.
 
I am also kind of sad to be leaving Tancol. We have had some great success here and its been so fun to see. I'm really confident that all 3 baptismal dates we have right now will get baptized which is good. Elder Johns is coming here, so I leave Tancol in great hands.
 
Momma, if you can holla at Special K and Hubbs and Mitch and tell those clowns to drop me a line next week I would love that. I love you all. Have a great week this week! The Church is true. Revelation is real and we all have right to receive it. I love you all so much!
 
Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment