Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

The weeks just keep cookin' Family!
Ok, so it has been a great week out here in the state of Hidalgo!  I am LOVING this little pueblo, that is the absolute truth.  It has been a crazy, crazy week out here, but this place is EXPLODING with work!  I'll break the week down a little bit for ya.
  
So Monday I headed out of Tampico coming down south!  I got here and met up with Elder Gonzalez.  He is really awesome, he is from the state of Puebla.  From the moment that I got off the bus here in Huejutla until now, we legitimately have not stopped working.  I actually never bought groceries last week because we never had time.  Haha yeah, so I've been in like a 7 day fast without a purpose.  We immediately started getting the houses ready for all the new missionaries that were going to be arriving the next day, unloading materials and supplies, assembling things and getting things all set up.  We also had the Zone Leaders counsel this Friday, so Thursday night we made the trek to Tampico and stayed in my old crib with the assistants right there in front of the temple.  That was fun, but it's 4 hours by bus from Huejutla to Tampico, so it totally ate our Thursday afternoon and our whole Friday, but the Lord really blessed us.  Somehow with all the other stuff we were doing, we were still able to see miracles in our own area, teach 20 lessons, find 2 new, good investigators, and help 14 less actives get to church!  It was sweet.  

Here in Huejutla there are 2 branches and now, each of the 2 branches has 6 missionaries, or 12 in total.  Between the 12 missionaries here in Huejutla, there were over 70 less actives in church this week!  There were over 100 people in both branches!  This place is about to EXPLODE!  There are a bunch of investigators all ready for baptism and things are on the rise.  Between our whole zone, which includes a few other little towns as well, there were 136 less actives in the branches this week!  We are getting things all set up to offer a Priesthood prep class for those less active and recent converts who are candidates to receive the Melchizedek priesthood to help em get all prepared.  

Overall, I couldn't be happier with how things are going here in la zona Huasteca.  It was a great week. There is one branch that when I was in the offices, we were thinking about closing because the members didn't support the missionaries and there just wasn't a lot of work,  Yesterday, that branch had 27 less actives in church, 7 investigators in church and 5 baptismal dates for this month! 91 people attended church!  The Lord is truly hastening his work and doing miracles here.

I love the chance that I have to be a missionary.  I am truly committed to use every single second that I have here in the mission the best that I can.  I know and feel that the work that we are doing as missionaries in all parts of the world is SOOO important.  It's the most important thing that I could be doing.  I am so blessed to be here in la mision Mexico Tampico.  I hope that I can make y'all proud.  I hope you all know how happy and I am here.  I can't really explain it, but I am SOOOOO happy!  I love the Gospel.  It's ALLL true.  Have  a great week and keep it reallzzz!
Love,
Elder Stockard  

No comments:

Post a Comment