Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013

Family,
First of all, sooooooooo proud of all your member missionary work!  Congrats on that Momma especially!  I am sooooo so proud of you.  I meant to write that the last few weeks as well that I'm just so proud of you.  
 
As for me this week... It's been incredible.  I've had a few words going through my head all week and I can't get em out.  The words are as follows:  "It's ALL worth it,"  Literally, last Saturday has made it ALL worth it.  Every appointment that's fallen through, every long hot day, every time that I've obeyed when it wasn't popular or easy, every morning that I was too tired to even think straight but I peeled myself out of bed, every person who slammed a door in my face, or laughed at me, or yelled swear words at me or whatever it may be... It doesn't even matter, it's ALL worth it.  The Family Preza was sealed for time and all eternity last Saturday and I was there to witness it.  It's ALL worth it.  The feelings I had last Saturday were ones of indescribable peace and happiness.  I was able to witness as that family completed their final saving ordinances here in this life.  Now they must only endure to the end, and if they do so, they have the promise of our loving Father in Heaven that their family relations will continue beyond the veil.  As I think about that, and I reflect on that accomplishment for their family, I am overcome with gratitude for my Father in Heaven, for letting me, in some small way, be an instrument in His hands.  For letting me be a part of his eternal work here in this life, for letting me see the power that the gospel has to change and refine other people first hand.  It brings tears to my eyes to think that, not withstanding my mortal frailties and errors, the Lord has seen fit to bless me SOOO much in my time as a missionary, to let me come to know soooo many wonderful people who have been soo prepared to hear the gospel.  It's been the second greatest blessing in my life to come to know these people, right behind having my own family.  Needless to say, this week was truly the greatest week of my life.  Its ALL worth it.  And you know what, I know it's all been possible because I've obeyed and I've worked hard.  Missionaries or future missionaries who read this, if you want to see miracles, have faith in what your leaders teach you:  That obedience and diligence truly bring those miracles because it's true.  La Familia Preza is a flat out miralce.  I worked almost 3 months straight without any success in Francia when we found and taught them.  If we do our part, God will do his, I know that to be true, I've seen it firsthand. 
 
Well, that was the highlight of my week.  And really of my life, haha.  I'm waiting to hear where Cristian gets his call to and when cuz I'll hopefully be able to go to the temple with him as well.  It's ALL worth it, and don't let anyone tell you that it's not.  I'm so blessed to be a missionary, in the GREATEST mission for ME in the world.  The gospel is true, the spirit will confirm it to any and all who let it.  I love you all soooo much!  Have a great week!  
 
Love, 
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment