Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 22, 2013

Famillllyy!
Ok, so just so y'all know, I think I just had the happiest week of my whole life.  Not even a joke!  I can't wait to tell y'all bout it cuz this week has been absolutely incredible!
 
So first things first.  There were two baptisms this last week that I am sooooooo happy about.  Don't know if y'all remember Cristian and Berenice from when I was in Central in the offices?  The son of Pascual y Ricarda?  Well they finalllyyy got baptized after 7 months of waiting!  I got a letter from them this last Wednesday when the Assistants came out to la Huasteca and also the assistants called me Friday right before their baptism and let me talk to them.  I was so so so so happy to hear that they finally got baptized.  I put my absolute heart and soul into teaching and helping those two.  I also say that my mish wouldn't have been complete if they hadn't gotten baptized.  I got to talk to them and they just sound so, so happy.  Also, Pascual and Ricarda are both active and have callings, so that is awesome to hear as well.  
 
That was one very happy moment... but it gets much better.  Wednesday the Assistants were here in la Huasteca working with us and my dear friend and ex comp Elder Castro, and they gave me an update on my old area, up in the Promised land of Barrio Mainero and Victoria in Cuidad Victoria.  Great news up there as well:  Cristian, one of our converts up there, SUBMITTED HIS MISSION PAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He will have his call in 3 weeks!  I am so, so happy for him.  Also, Alicia is preparing to go to the temple!  All is well in Victoria as well.  
 
By this time you can see that this was a great week... but it still gets better!  Last Saturday I got a call from Elder Castro once again and he was ecstatic... so so happy because... La FAMILIA PREZA WILL BE SEALED NEXT SATURDAY AT 1:30pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my goodness, I am so excited.  I will be heading up to Tampico this weekend to be at their endowment and sealing!!!!!!!!!!!!   I don't think I've ever had a better week in my entire life!!!  I am so happy.  I finally know what Ammon and Aaron and Alma and Zenos all talked about in rejoicing in the fruits of their labors,  these people have changed my life forever and to think that I could have been blessed to help them change theirs as well is a feeling that I can't quite describe.  I truly can't describe it, but I don't think there are many things that feel better than the way I've felt in the last few days.  I love these people here in Mexico so much.  I would truly do anything for them.  That is a great feeling.  That is something that I didn't know how to feel before I was a missionary and it's something that the Lord has taught me here.
  
Family, thank you once again for being a family that lived/lives the gospel.  Momma, Dad, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, thank you so much for teaching me to live the gospel.  There is a difference between being members of the church and making the gospel part of your life.  You all made the gospel part of your lives and that in turn made it a part of mine.  That has made all the difference.  ALL the difference.  Thank you.  Aunts and Uncles, if you are ever thinking or feeling that your efforts to live the gospel and teach it to your children are falling on deaf ears, don't be discouraged.  I promise you that one day your children will thank you for your efforts, without a doubt.  Hold on, keep pushing to do what's right and not make exceptions.  It will pay off.  
 
Well, that's about it from down here.  I hope you all know how much I love you.  You are the greatest friends and family that I could ever imagine.  Keep doin yo thang.  #143
#GMC$  #SpecialK #JakeHeaps
 
Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment