Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Que Onda Familia!
How is everything up north?  Yo, so Ryan's story that he sent me about the whole ESPN thing is pretty dope. I would love to hear more about that. Sounds like Zion prospers up north in Fallon. Ryan, respect to the just planning to go out and run 13 miles instead of training, that totally sounds like something that I would do. #TMS.
 
Yeah, but everything is poppin' down here as well. Elder Quiñones and I are killin' it here in Tancol, not gonna lie. The Lord is blessing us like crazy. So yeah, the story about Patricia gets better. She looks like she should be pretty solid, she also has a daughter named Fernanda. We taught them twice last week and in the second lesson we set a baptismal date with both of them. Elder Quiñones did it, and he was really nervous, but he did it really well. It's funny how the things that are new to us are usually the things that scare us as well... Once we know what to expect, the fear usually goes away, I think that one reason Mormon funerals aren't the saddest thing in the world, because we have the plan of Salvation. But yeah, they look pretty solid.
 
This past Tuesday was one of the best days of my mission. We taught a few really good lessons, in which the spirit was really super strong and then on top of that, I got a call from my boy Elder Agren, who is one of the assistants right now saying that he was up in Victoria working and he was with the Elders in Mainero. He was also working with Christian, one of my converts who was out working with the missionaries. Christian has all his mission papers done and is just waiting on his interview with the Stake Pres and then he will turn his papers in and get his call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me soooooooooo happy! So SO happy. Besides my fam, I can't think of anything in this whole life that has made me happier than hearing that the people that I was blessed to come to know and see the change in their lives, hearing that they are doing well and enduring to the end is the happiest, best feeling in the entire world. It's something very hard to describe but it is something that I will never forget. I can't wait to hear where he gets called to. I hope to do something similar to what Brandon does for me, and write him, or at least email him every week for his entire mission.
 
Barrio Tancol continues to be blessed as well by the Obra de Salvation.  Two less actives that we have been working with received callings yesterday and another was advanced in the Priesthood. The wards are realllllly growing here and I come to know more and more every day that this plan is truly inspired for this time and place. It is a blessing to be apart of it.
 
I can't explain how much I love being a missionary, and how much it scares me to see how fast the time is moving. It seems as though Elder Quiñones and I are busier and busier every week and that every week is faster than the last. My focus is just maximize the time that I have and love every minute. Happiness is truly a decision and not a circumstance or a place. I love y'all so much. #143 #GMC$ #JakeHeaps
 
Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment