Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013

Famillllllllyyyyy:
Yo, so we just finished one of the two greatest weekends of the year. Wow, wasn't that an incredible conference? Momma, to start off, when I heard Elder Scott's talk about creating a Christ-centered home and then letting others openly come into it, especially friends, I couldn't stop thinking of you and how well you did that. Our crib was always the place to be and I am now convinced that that was the reason. Just so you know I was thinking about you when I heard that talk.
 
Wow, so I'm happy to hear that everyone took questions with them to Conference.  I did as well, I had 8 questions and I left with probably like 270,000 answers. General Conference is just like a banquet of revelation. Now what I'm doing is taking all the answers I got and setting specific, measurable goals that support my new year's resolutions and applying them over a timetable from here until October. I really felt strongly in this conference that the conference is designed to give us the guidance that we need for the next 6 months. I also heard 4 themes that were really reoccurring throughout the whole conference. I would be curious if you all heard the same themes as I did or different ones. The 4 that I saw over and over again were: 1. Temptation is at an all-time and extremely dangerous high. We live in times when Satan is really attacking everyone, especially the youth and the family. 2. The laws of God do not and will not change. The laws of man and of society might, but God's laws are eternal. 3. God is our loving Heavenly Father and also lots about the nature of the Godhead. and 4. Missionary work. I heard all 4 of these a ton of different times. There were so many awesome talks. We are so blessed to have a prophet of God on the Earth today, and even more blessed with the knowledge that Thomas S. Monson is that prophet. I think my favorite talk of all was Elder Bednar's on the law of chastity or Elder Uchtdorf's from the Priesthood session. My eyes were opened with Elder Bednar's talk: Chastity is the only eternal creative power that we are entrusted with here in this life. It is also a celestial and I would say an exalted law. How could the Lord ever entrust someone who has unrepentantly abused that power here in this life, with the eternal power to create and rule worlds? It's all a test. It's all about obedience. I also liked President Monson's talk Sunday morning.
 
Besides that, the work keeps steaming forward here in Tancol. It is like I've died and gone to heaven to be here in the same ward with Elder Parry. It is like wayyyyy too much fun to talk with him every night and to see him often in the chapel. We are really getting some good things going working with the members here in the ward. It's a huge area geographically, not sure how to compare it, but it's big, Momma. The Bishop is a humble guy who has really jumped on board with all the work that we've been giving him to give interviews, assignments and callings. We have 9 inactive priesthood holders that we are working with on our side of the ward and we are visiting all of them with him so that he can get to know them and get a time when he can have an interview with them. He is planning to give 10 of our less actives callings next Sunday in Sacrament meeting. The ward has grown like crazy and I think everyone is truly catching the wave. We have a few new investigators who look promising and a baptism coming up on the 20th or the 28th. I'm really happy with the way things are going.
I got a really cool letter from Brandon today about angels and how many angels there really are who are around us and helping us. I never cease to be grateful to Brandon for the letters that he sends me, making me laugh, teaching me, humbling me, and making me laugh some more. I am really grateful to him and Lisa and all the Bird fam and all my extended fam who is always supporting me, sending me things, and praying for me. Thank you all so much.
I love you all. The church is true. So glad you all had a great time in Utah and at conference. How did Ladamien like it? Have a great week. Love you all, but don't really miss you that much ;) lolzz jk. 
#143 #GMC$ #JakeHeaps
Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment