Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 1, 2013

Familia:
Yo what upppppp? Haha I've been teaching Elder Quinones English and I'm teaching him to use the word "finna" instead of "gonna." He's getting really good at it now. He now tells me, "Hey, I finna shower" and "Hey, I finna sleep" at night. Yeah, you know, I wanted to be sure and teach him the really essential parts of the English language first such as "finna" and I think our next lesson will be to use the word "swagga" correctly... You know, just the basics. Hahaha. No, I'm teaching him better English than that, don't be too worried.  Haha  How is everyone?  Glad to hear that all is well in Spring break back in the USA. I was just thinking this morning and wondering about when Travis was gonna head off to China. But yeah, there he goes. Haha, he will love it and he is going to do great.
As for me, today starts a new transfer and it is going to be SWEEEEET here in Chairel, wanna know why? Elder Quinones and I are serving in Tancol "A" but there is another set of Elders in Tancol "B" and the newest elder here in Tancol B is....... ELDER PARRYYY!!!!!!!! Yes, that's right we are going to be serving here in the same ward Elder Parry and I! I am soooooo excited and we are going to communicate every night because he is going to be one of the district leaders here in the zone. It is going to be off the chain!  All in all, the zone looks like it is going to be really good. They are opening up a new area in the zone, another area for Sister missionaries, so now the zone will be 10 elders and 4 sisters.  I am really excited for it.
This week was really good. It was really busy. Omar's baptism was Wednesday and it was super good. There was a really good turnout of support, we had to have the service in the Chapel because not everyone would have fit in the baptistry. That's always a good sign. Lucero, his mom bore her testimony as well and Hno Edgar performed the ordinance. It was a really good night. Omar and Lucero getting active has also completely reactivated one of Elder Rindy's converts here. His name is Danny and he is Omar's neighbor and best friend. We are still working to reactivate Danny's mom but she will be a little tougher still. Seeing this and also reading in Alma 25 ( I think) where it talks about all the Anit-Nephi-Lehis that were converted from the Lamanites, but how the Lamanites who lived near the Amulonites and the Amalikites weren't converted has made me realize even more the importance of having good friends and acquaintances. Many times we become who our friends are, as is the case for the better (like with Omar and Danny) or for the worse (like with these Lananites that lived around the Amulonites). I'm so grateful for my group of friends that I've had all my life and the examples they have been.
This week is one of the two greatest weeks of the year because... It's conference time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love General Conference. I wanted to share something with everyone that I did last conference that really worked. Feel free to apply it in your conference watching as well. The week before last conference, in a spirit of prayer, I made a list of all the questions, concerns, doubts and problems that I currently had in my life, and I wrote them in a question form on a piece of paper. I left quite a few lines in between each question in order to write the answers. Then, I took this sheet of paper to conference and prayed to be able to receive the answers I was looking for in the words of the prophets and general authorities. As each speaker spoke, something they said touched me and answered one of these questions almost every time. I left the conference with PAGES of revelation directly related to the problems or questions I had at that time. It was a really spiritual experience for me and I invite anyone who wants to try it to do so, I know you will find answers.
Well, That's the biggest news from my hood this week. My former comp Elder Castro is the new Assistant here in the mission and I'm really excited for him. He will do great. To answer your question, yes Momma, I'll be able to go to la Familia Preza's sealing, which will be something that I'm really looking forward to. Well, all is well. I love you all so much. Have a great week. #143 #GMC$ #JakeHeaps
Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment