Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

Hey Yo:
So yeah, I don't know bout y'all but I can die a happy man after conference now.  That was sooooooo dope.  Like too dope.  I had 8 questions and they all got answers.  Today I made my plans to put 'em all into practice over the next 6 months and now it's just carry out all the work.  My mission would be worth it for nothing other than the love that it has instilled in me for General Conference.  Last April I remember telling Elder Parry that we were only 5 months and 30 days away from conference.  It is seriously better than Christmas or birthday here in the Mish, I love General Conference.  
 
Speaking of birthdays, thank you all for the birthday wishes that you sent to my email these last few days.  I love you all so much.  Wanna hear a secret?  Nobody down here is going to know it's my birthday and I'm going to just try and treat it like a 100% normal day.  There is really no good place for relaxing or celebrations of any kind in the mission, so I'm going to just put it off for a little while and we can double celebrate when I get home, haha.  
 
But yeah, Elder Dominguez and I have been having a great week down here filled with happy days, lots of work, funny stories, and miracles.  One huge miracle that we've seen has come as he and I (and earlier, Elder Gonzalez and I) have really worked with all these little branches here in the district to establish the Work of Salvation.  At the start of September, only one branch of the 6 was having weekly ward counsel (and it was a branch with a missionary as branch pres, haha). As of last Sunday, all 6 are now having weekly branch counsel meetings that are focused on the work of salvation.  It been a total miracle as we have worked together with the branch presidents to learn together about la Obra de Salvacion and implement it in each one of the branches.  It's been great to see and the branches are really benefiting from it.
  
Another miracle happened Thursday for us.  We were walking to our comida and we were kind of in a hurry because we had gotten out of an appointment kind of late.  As we hurried along, a man called out to us and asked us for a pamphlet.  We started talking to him and turns out that he lives in our area.  The next day we were over by his house when an appointment fell thru, so we decided to go and try and find it.  Well, we found him and turns out that the man could be GOLDEN.  His name is David.  He is a really cool down-to-earth guy who lives alone with his daughter.  We taught him Friday and Sunday he came to conference along with his daughter. We are going to keep working hard with him and with our other investigators.  The work is a pretty even split right now Momma between investigators and less actives in our area, in the mission it's still definitely more work with less actives.
 
Well, I couldn't be happier to be a missionary at this incredible time in the history of our world.  How blessed we are to know that we have a prophet today and that he communicates the will of God to us every 6 months.  Let us all strive to apply what he and the spirit have taught us.  I love you all so much.  Have a great week.  
 
Love,
Elder Stockard    

No comments:

Post a Comment